Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Item Name:||Attic Stair Tent||Function:||Heat Resistant,Moisture-Proof ,waterproof|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 To +80 ℃||Reflectivity::||97 %|
|Application:||Attic Stairs, Scuttle Holes, Peak||Material:||Alu/XPE/Alu Or Alu/bubble/Alu|
|Nsulating Temperature:||15-20 ℃||Size:||25 X 54 X 13|
attic stair insulation cover,
attic opening insulation cover
Attic Stair insulator cover At-2 Attic Trap Door Vent Cover Light Weight 30 X 60 X 13
30 X 60 X 13 inches The Attic Tent is a specially engineered, patented insulator designed to create an air transfer barrier between your attic and living areas. Main Materials: Nylon Fabric and Polyurethane Form + Flame Retardant ,Dimensions - 30" Wide - 60" Length - 13" height clearance with a 2" mounting Flange Used for fold down attic stairs, scuttle Holes and Knee wall doors
How It Works
Most attic doors are poorly designed and cause tremendous energy loss throughout the year. They are often made of thin plywood: an uninsulated material that doesn't perfectly seal air leakage (when new) and only worsens with age (as it warps due to dramatic temperature differences). Consider this: even the tiniest gap around the attic door perimeter -- as small as 1/32 (0.08 cm) -- is like leaving a 5-square inch opening or window open all year!
The Attic stair cover, an insulating attic door cover that shields and puts a lid on air leaks, addresses all of the primary issues as well as being
How To Use
• Open the heavy-duty zippers that allow easy access to the attic.
• Enter the attic and close the attic door if needed (NOTE: You cannot close the Attic Tent from inside the attic).
• Remember to close the zipper once you exit the attic.
How to Install
A. Attic Stairs
• Place Attic stairs cover with the zipper heads at the hinge end of the attic stair box.
• Staple the mounting flange to the rough frame, on all four sides about every 2-3 inches.
• Seal between mounting flange and rough frame with a bead of caulk.
B. Knee Wall Door
• Align Attic Tent vertical to the back side of the door frame.
• Insure the zipper end is down.
• Fold flange under zipper side to attach to the floor.
• Staple around door frame on attic side and seal with a bead of caulk.
C. Attic Scuttle Hole
• Attach a piece of 1/2 inch plywood measuring, for example, 24” by 35”*, to the adjoining side of the access hole and along the floor joist in the attic as per drawing above.
• Seal any adjoining areas to insure a good seal. This will allow the required mounting surface for the Attic Tent.
• Position the Attic Tent over the scuttle hole with the zippers near the access.
• Staple the Attic Tent flange, around the access frame and extension of plywood.
• Apply a bead of caulk between the flange, access frame and extension of plywood to provide a tighter seal.
Measurements may vary depending on access dimensions.
NOTE: The extra space provided by the extension of plywood will allow room for positioning & storing the access door when entering the attic. This will keep it free from carrying insulation back over the access area, and preventing the blown insulation around the access area from falling back into the home.
Contact Person: dora